0800 015 2568
If You Have a Complaint
Procedure for resolving problems if you have a complaint.
Our complaints handling policy.
Rundlewalker Solicitors are committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards. If you are unhappy with any aspects of our service we want to know about it as we take all complaints seriously. If you have a complaint, please contact The Practice Manager on 01392 209209 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to our office at:- King’s Wharf, The Quay, Exeter, Devon EX2 4AN.
Our complaints handling procedure:
If you have a concern or a complaint, please contact us as soon as you are aware of the problem so this can be addressed. Please contact our Practice Manager, Rundlewalker, Kings Wharf, The Quay, Exeter, Devon EX2 4AN.
1. Within 5 days of receipt of your letter, we will then send you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your complaint, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our Practice Manager, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
3. Our Practice Manager will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his/her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
4. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again to explain why you remain unhappy with our response and we will review your comments. Depending on the matter we may at this stage arrange for a Director to review the decision.
5. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
6. If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ or call 0121 245 3100 about your complaint. Please note that time limits apply for complaints to the Legal Ombudsman. The Ombudsman allows solicitors eight weeks to deal with your complaint. If we have not resolved it within this time you may complain to the Legal Ombudsman. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us, or within six years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or if outside of this period, within three years of when you should be reasonably aware of it). The Legal Ombudsman has provided further guidance on its service at www.legalombudsman.org.uk.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
If you remain dissatisfied, Devon and Somerset Law Society (DASLS) provide a free mediation service; they can be contacted on 01392 366333 or via the website www.dasls.com.
The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) can also help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. If you feel that we may have been dishonest or treated you unfairly because of your age, disability or other characteristic, you should contact the SRA. For further information please refer to their website at www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems
Important Information For Your Protection:
We welcome your enquiry but please be assured that the use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm, does not establish a solicitor-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.