0800 015 2568
Are you entitled to compensation as a result of suffering from sexual abuse?
If you have suffered any form of sexual, physical or mental abuse as a child or an adult you may be able to make a claim for compensation. This compensation can be for both the physical injury and also any psychological trauma.
We understand that these are distressing issues and you may have fears and anxieties about approaching a solicitor to consider a claim.
Please be assured we have an experienced team who have dealt with cases of this nature and can give you the professional guidance and advice required, as well as making sure you are guided through the sensitive process with understanding, empathy and compassion. We will discuss with you pursuing a claim against the attacker and will evaluate whether the attacker has the appropriate funds to pay compensation. We will also consider whether there is any other organisation or person that had a duty to ensure that you were protected.
We have previously considered cases where:
1. The abuse is historical and was suffered at a time when the individual was in the care of the local authority in a care home or foster home
2. Historical abuse suffered in schools or colleges
3. Sexual abuse that has occurred within the family or by friends
4. Abuse of the elderly whilst in care homes
5. Victims of rape or other sexual and criminal assaults
6. The abuse is suffered within an organisation such as churches or youth organisations
7. The abuse occured when the individual was a member of a sporting team or club, eg football, gymnastics, athletics
This list is not exhaustive.
We will also encourage you to report the matter to the police, the police have specialist units that investigate these issues and ultimately a conviction can assist in establishing liability.
We will also advise whether a claim can be made to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA); this is a scheme that compensates victims of crime. If your claim is successful you can recover compensation.
There are several ways in which a personal injury claim can be funded, including a “No Win, No Fee” agreement (CFA), which we will discuss with you during your initial assessment.
For confidential advice, please contact our Personal Injury Team on 01392 209209.
Roger Henderson - 01392 209218. Email: email@example.com
Important Information For Your Protection:
We welcome your enquiry but please be assured that the use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm, does not establish a solicitor-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.